Friday, September 5, 2008

SGI USA


I am a Buddhist, I chant Nam Myoho Renge Kyo. I started practicing this Buddhism on March 28, 1987. My mother and brother also joined. Daisaku Ikeda is the President of this organization. This practice has changed our life's in so many ways, I cannot be thankful enough. My mother started at 50 years of age. She was a scared, angry and closed individual when she started her practice of Buddhism. For almost 20 years, until her death, she practiced hard to be happy and to help other people to become happy. She learned to open her heart and to trust, she became happier and to deeply care about others. My mother was always courageous, she learned how to direct that energy in a positive direction. She had overcome so many obstacles in her life. She fought hard to overcome her health problems. She had been a smoker for over forty years. On top of that she had asthma. Smoking was a terrible option and even though she quit at age 62, she had only 40 percent lung capacity. She struggled to breathe and enjoy all of her activities she loved to do. She started exercising and feeling better, she chanted and chanted and her health improved. She fought to stay alive, to enjoy her family and friends and to feel good. The doctor's said that she extended her life by at least ten years, because of her faith in this Buddhism. I cannot be appreciative enough for this practice, it teaches you to take responsibility for your own life and to enjoy everything; joy, sadness, everything to the fullest!

My mother died on May 26, 2006. She just went to sleep. She looked so peaceful!! She taught me to love and to not give up, I saw her heart and I knew her heart. She wanted so much to be happy and for her family to be close and happy. She did the best she could as a mother, she did the best she could as a person. I miss her spirit and her spunk. I love her very much and always think about her. I took care of her, worried about her and enjoyed her!!! Loved her!!! My mom, my best friend!! I will see you again!!

No comments: